Saturday, February 10, 2018

English 8

If you did not complete the writing assignment in class on Friday, do so this weekend.  Have it ready to hand in on Tuesday.  Also, here are the answers to the pre-quiz that were discussed at the end of last class.  The quiz itself will be on Tuesday, so study these words.

Spelling and Usage Pre-Quiz
Sentry Words--know how to spell and use these!
  1. I am afraid the enemy will infiltrate our camp.
  2. The infantry was no match for the airplanes and tanks.
  3. The soldier’s wound was disgusting, ghastly, and repulsive.
  4. The process of taking over and settling in a new land is called colonization.  

Tricky Words--know how to spell and use these!
  1. In the end, the other team had to accept defeat. (verb)
  2. Everyone loves spaghetti except me.
  3. I accidentally spilled spaghetti last time I ate it.
  4. I have some good advice for you. (noun)
  5. I would advise you to take your driver’s test when you’re young. (verb)
  6. The rainy weather doesn’t affect me.
  7. A sunburn is one effect of staying out in the sun too long.
  8. The cereal can be found in aisle number 3.
  9. Ireland is one of the British Isles.
  10. I got an A in English and it was quite an achievement.