Tuesday, October 16, 2012

English 8

I will not be able to post marks tomorrow as the provincial computer system for marks is being glitchy and will not let me enter certain marks.  I will have someone fix this at the school tomorrow or Thursday (depending on our computer-whiz's availability) so that I can give you your marks to date as soon as possible.

Remember to study you spelling words for Friday.

Finally, the short story unit test will be on Monday.  Know your short story terms (see your notes and today's handout).  The only terms on the list that I will not require you to know for the test are mood and tone.  The stories we studied were "The Monkey's Paw", "A Secret for Two", "Leiningen and the Ants", "The Dog of Pompeii", "The Golden Pants", and "The Sweater".  We will have one more story tomorrow.

Make sure you know the characters, the plot outline, the conflicts, and the settings of each of the stories.