Tuesday, April 7, 2020

English 8

Hello 8s!

On Friday, April 3, I posted this:

I would like you to do the following for Tuesday morning:


  • Briefly tell me your top three qualities of a true friend
  • Respond to the quote, “You can tell a lot about people by how they dress and the friends they keep” in 5-10 well-formed sentences.
  • Locate a copy of the book, ebook, or PDF and read Chapter One for Tuesday morning. 
You can find a PDF copy of the novel HERE.

Today, April 7, I posted this:

I would like you to do the following for Thursday:
  • Give a short description of the personality traits and physical traits of the following characters: Ponyboy Curtis, Sodapop Curtis, and Darry Curtis, and Steve Randall, Keith (Two-Bit) Matthews, Dally Winston, and Johnny Cade.  



I asked people to write their answers in their virtual binders in "Class Notebook".  Many students found this, but some had trouble.  If you cannot find your way into your virtual binder, email me your response.

For those of you who can get into your virtual binder, once you write your answers (under the tab labelled "Assignments"), you're done.  I will be reading over all your responses and making comments in the coming days.

Don't fret if you haven't seen my comments yet. This week, teachers are learning new tech and completing their marks.  The long weekend will be my marking time!